My husband and I
never rarely eat meat so I guess we’d be considered vegetarians, but we’re wannabe vegans. We don’t like labels, though. Too strict. We love cheese way too much, so I don’t think we’d ever be able to claim veganism anyway.
That’s ok though, because regardless of your personal eating habits, vegan meals are a pretty healthy option for everyone since they usually utilize more veggies than a meat based meal.
Here’s a list of great vegan dinners that you and your kiddos are sure to love!
1. Quinoa Taco Salad: This recipe from Contentedness Cooking has only two steps and takes just 20 minutes to make!
2. Vegan Buddha Bowl: These bowls from Savor and Savvy are completely customizable. She even lists all of the endless possiblities to add to your personalized buddha bowl!
3. Crispy Tofu Nuggets: These. Are. Yummy! Attila Hildman is some kind of nugget genius. I haven’t made the curry ketchup to go with these, but they’re great with just regular ketchup.
4. 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili: It says it all in the name! Quick chili for a cold weather evening. From Create Mindfully.
5. Black Bean and Tofu Hash: This recipe from One Ingredient Chef consists of just a few ingredients and only two steps! Quick, simple, and delicious.
6. 3 Ingredient Pinto Bean Soup: This is another recipe from Create Mindfully. It is sooo simple. It’s as easy as putting your ingredients into a pot, bringing them to a boil, and letting it simmer!
7. Chickpea Stuffed Zucchini Boats: These little boats from Running on Real Food only have 4 ingredients! Simple always makes me happy. 🙃
8. Creamy, Dreamy & Vegan Mac-n-Cheese: I haven’t personally tried this recipe, but I’ve made cheese sauce very similar to this one and it tastes pretty good. The kids are sure to love it! From Maple Alps.
9. 30 Minute Black Beans and Lime Rice: This recipe from Where You Get Your Protein looks like it has a lot of ingredients, at first glance. Once you read through it, though, you’ll realize it’s just mostly spices. Gotta have that spice!
10. Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup: This soup from My Whole Food Life does have a few more ingredients than some of the other recipes listed here, but all you have to do is put everything in the crockpot and your work is pretty much done!
11. Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes: This one from Minimalist Baker takes a total of just 30 minutes! Simple and scrumptious.
12. Baked Vegan Taquitos: Do you like chorizo? If so, you’re going to love these taquitos from Peta! These are made easy with soy chorizo, tortillas, and shredded vegan cheese! Yum-o.
13. Vegan Potato Galette: So these potatoes from The Tomato Tart do take 45 to 55 minutes to bake, BUT there are only 3 ingredients! Short prep time, longer cook time. Totally worth it, in my opinion.
14. Easiest Vegan Teriyaki Tofu: Tofu is packed with protein, so it’s perfect for vegan cuisine. This recipe comes from The Lazy Broccoli. I think we might be sisters 😉 She makes the teriyaki sauce with just soy sauce and brown rice syrup! Quick and simple.
15. Barbecue Tempeh Collard Wraps: Doesn’t get any easier than 5 ingredients! Quick dinner, stress free mama! From Sweet Potato Soul.
Yay! 15 easy and quick vegan dinners that you can make on any busy weeknight for you and your kiddos! Let me know in the comments below what vegan meals you make on the reg.
Until next time…